- Increased Response Rates
- Higher Average Gift
- Greater Return on Investment
- More Member Involvement and Activism
- Increased Enrollment in Monthly
- Enhanced Member Relationships
RESULTS! RESULTS! RESULTS!
Case Study: Meeting a Client's Significant Goal
Environmental Defense Fund is a leading national nonprofit organization representing more than 400,000 members. Since 1967 they have linked science, economics and law to create innovative, equitable and cost-effecitve solutions to solve most urgent environmental problems.
Four years ago they came to PIC and requested that we work together to develop a sustainable sustainer program. At that time, their sustainer program, Partners for the Environment, had 1,700 members. Working in partnership, PIC and Environmental Defense Fund initiated a "make-over" of the program.
The objective was to double the number of sustainers in one year.
- Rebranded the program to EcoPartners
- Prospect in additional channels
- Sign up could be made via the web
- Telefundraising recent donors
Initial calling parameters included:
- The initial audience was $20-$100 members
- One-time, multis, C3 donors, C4 donors
- Had a specific ask - support our Safe Harbor
- The offer - a match of their first year contribution
- If not, ask for a single contribution
Some calling modifications made during the program included:
- Target audience was dropped to $10+
- Decision was made to pull back to $20
- Lower dollar members were not candidates for the program
Also worth knowing . . .
- Sustainers have a much high propensity to have planned giving
- .053% of the general membership have planned gifts
- 1.5% of the sustainers have made a planned gift commitment
The above facts from Eco-Partners were present on January 29th by Bill Bond at the DMA Non-Profit Federation Conference in Washington, DC. The entire presentation is on the website: http://www.thedma.orgmtspeakers/00003362/NP301090007/Sustainers.pdf.
Did we call you?
programs & services
Clients/Markets we serve
Meet our team